Checkout our hottest specials!
Succeed on DVD|Regular Price: $65.00
On Sale For: $59.00
This is a 2 disc, 8 session preparation series based on the content of Succeed 2010.
Each session has approximately 35 minutes of speaker content and student videos. Followed by a 15 minute question and answer time aided by a leader's guide. Succeed addresses the topics that first year college students say that were not prepared for. These include change and stress, time management, financial management, expectations, and more...
Crossing Thin Ice DVD|Regular Price: $65.00
On Sale For: $59.00
Crossing Thin Ice: The Secrets of Influential Parenting
As our children become pre-teens they begin to change in significant ways. Often parents fail to transition in their parenting style to align with the changes occurring in the adolescent brain. When we miss this transition we loose the close relationship, open communication and often the genuine ability to influence our 8 to 18 year olds lives. Every parent of a pre-teen and teen need to participate in a conference or listen to this vital series.
SESSION TITLES & DESCRIPTIONS:
- Influential Parents Look to the Future- This session looks at research, student videos and content that will help parents of teens understand the challenges that snare many students in transition to life on their own. By tying together student videos and Jesus’ approach to setting his disciples up to succeed, parents will understand that looking to the future is half the battle.
- Understand Adolescents - Today the gap between parents and teens is exaggerated by the shift in the youth culture. Student videos, YTN research, adolescent brain research and a look at Jesus’ approach to this pre-modern mindset will help parents better understand the thought process and needs of their pre-teen and teen.
- Target Internal Desire- Transitioning from parenting children to preparing pre-teens and teens for life on their own is challenging for every parent. This session examines the difference between external motivation and developing the internal desire of your pre-teen and teen.
- Create a “Safe Place”- Influential parents creates a safe place for their young people. As a parent of teens this is one of the highest priorities after talking with over 2,000 teens. We will look at student videos and examine the reality of shepherding our teens in today’s tempting world.
- The Change Agent- Influential parents understand where real change stems from and leverages it in their teens lives. A difference exists between change that is outward (and may vanish under pressure of the world) and change that is inward (inward change will enable students to stand firm on their own). Targeting inward change in teens through Jesus’ example will challenge us all deeply to be Good Shepherds!
- Develop Their Voice - How do we regain a voice of influence in our pre-teens and teens lives...or avoid loosing it like so many parents have? Specific assignments are given to help parents reconnect and open real communication with their students.